Friday, May 22, 2009

In Absolution...

Here's a tale of all things strife
My lifestyle has ruined my Life
I don't have a relationship
I'm no longer a Wife
In short; Life is shit
I gave it up. Every bit.

He wouldn't want me back like this
I've got to sober up
No more drinking every day
(Except for Melbourne Cup)
I'll make these drugs the last I buy
I'll just have to make them last
In short; Life is shit
I'll give it up. Every bit.

I'm going to really have to work on this
It'll be my full-time job
He seems somehow different now
Because he's off the stuff
I'll make him proud of who I am
I can see his point of view
In short; Life is shit
And I am fucking over it.

I've been a fucking idiot
Who did I think I was?
I'll give up everything I have
But I won't give up on Us
I need you here; but not like This
A lot has got to change
In short; Life is shit
I want it back. All of it.

I've been kidding Myself
For far too long
He got it right; I'm fucking wrong
I had it sweet and now it's sour
I miss him more every hour
In absolution; life is shit
I want him here
With me. At home.

How's that for a bad attempt at a poem?

No comments: