Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Sory Story...

So the Shit hit the fan.

Next morning I rang Twink and told him Myself that I'd busted him out to C.

Twink: Thanks a fucking lot. No wonder she cancelled our date today.

Then he hung up. I messaged him back and said I wasn't expecting his forgiveness any time soon.

Twink: Get fucked. Hope you enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame because you're never welcome at my house.

I can't remember my exact reply; something to do with C being my friend.

Twink: Moral crusader. How 'bout telling Jeffro what (his wife) A did?

Me: That's not the same and you know it.

Twink: Fuck off.

Me: Don't blame me 'cos you can't keep your cock out of X's mouth.

Twink: I blame you 'cause you can't keep your fucking mouth shut.

Me: C is my friend. She deserved to know.

Twink: So is Jeffro and Miss Fancy Pants but you don't say anything to them. Get your own shit together before making excuses for being a bitch.

Me: Stop being a hypocrite.

Twink: Are you for real? You are the biggest hypocrite I know. What's good for one is good for everyone. Look it up it's under Buffoon.

Me: Under Twink.

Twink: The Moraliser. You're going to lose for it. I'm not going to forget what you did.

Me: I don't expect you to forgive or forget.

Twink: That's why you are a fucking bitch. Lose my number and don't come near me.

So I went to the Pub that very afternoon. He messaged Hubby and said that he would see him at the Pub as long as I wasn't there. Like he was barring me. As Hubby said it's not up to him where I drink. Unbeknownst to Me, Twink was across the road at the bottle shop buying smokes. When he came back over I looked him in the eye and gave him a raised eyebrow.

Twink: Stop following me.

Me: I'm just having a cigarette Twink.

And so on it went. He sat on the other side of the Pub with big Pak. Hubby and I sat with Mac and the others. At one point Hubby and Twink were outside together arguing over me. Mac and a few others asked me Why I'd busted him out and not others( especially why I hadn't told Jeffro what I knew about his wife) No one seemed to understand why I'd dogged out a mate of over ten years to a chick I've barely known a year.

Me: Because I couldn't break Jeffro's heart. And because he hasn't asked the question.

Twink overheard.

Twink: Then I'm going to get him to ask you That question. Then you'll have to tell him. Won't you.

We started yelling at each other in the Pub; Twink was bringing up Everybody's secrets. M the Publican shouted at us that nobody there was there to listen to our crap. I acknowledged that she was right and Hubby and I left.

The next day Hubby and Twink had to play cricket; and Jen Jen and I organised ourselves a night out at the pub where she works. I had a great night talking to her friends and Boss. When the pub shut we moved the party to a nearby house; and about midnight Hubby, Twink, Fido, Bar Chick and Daz all turned up. I was playing pool with a guy called Gonzo; he was probably in his mid forties. He said I was the Best Chick there. Hubby must have overheard him.

About two we all walked back to Jen Jen's to go to bed. I had left my car and work clothes there for the next day. Hubby and Twink were having an argument about me in the back yard. Hubby was inferring that Twink only slept with ugly women and that he should do something about it.

Hubby: I've only slept with five chicks and Buffoon's the ugliest one I've fucked.

I wasn't happy. Maybe I even over reacted. But I drove home at two thirty with a belly full of piss.

Next morning I went to work. Hubby rang at nine thirty; abusing me for leaving him at Jen Jen's without any way of getting home. I told him I was at work and hung up. He called back and told me I was bitch. I hung up again.

It was a long hot day. My 2IC was riding me like a Bitch. She sent me upstairs to redo the shower in 303. I went back down to tell her that 303 was in fact a disabled bathroom and, as such, didn't have a shower cubicle. She took me back upstairs and pointed out a black streak on the floor that the vacuum had left ( vacuumed by someone else after I'd finished cleaned the room) and a few stray pubes that had also been missed. All the while 2IC was inferring that I was 'seedy' and constantly asking if I was okay; despite my assurances to her that I was just hot and working hard.

After work I went to the Pub. Hubby was there with Twink. I sat with them. All had been forgotten, apparently, after they'd been on the piss for a few hours. Little Son was getting dropped home at two thirty so I only stayed for a quick couple and then we left.

Monday I worked. 2IC looked me up and down in the elevator.

2IC: Are you still seedy?

Huh? It had been forty hours since I'd driven home from Jen Jen's.

I was doing kitchens as Kritta prefers to do bathrooms. 2IC had also put two new girls together; so that even though Kritta and I had two extra rooms than they did we still finished way ahead and then had to stay back to help them finish their work as well. We decided to only make the beds for them; after all we'd already done our fair share of bathrooms and kitchens.

2IC had started the room checks. She was being pretty picky; sending me back into two rooms to clean a spot (from the roof) out of the microwaves. She was just about to chip me for one of the kitchens that the other's had done when Kritta told her we were only doing the beds for them. She backed off; but not before asking for the hundredth time if I was 'okay'; still inferring I was hungover or pissed.

Anyway; that's all sorted now. J (my Boss) came back and must have have a good talking to her. 2IC's been nice as pie ever since; probably something to do with the fact she's still on Probation...

So we're up to Wednesday; aren't We?

I picked Hubby up from the Pub and we were on our way to KFC to pick up dinner for the kids. I still had the shits at him for calling me the ugliest chick he's ever fucked. And for not saying sorry or for taking it back. I mean; he apologised to Jen Jen straight away when he found out he'd taken her smokes. Even though he texted it. Even though he had to ask Twink and I how to even spell it.

Hubby: You don't spell it that way do you? Isn't it spelt S..O..R..Y?

Just goes to prove how little He's used the word in his life.

Anyway; the mood changed. As we were going through the drive-thru window Hubby told me that he already had a fuck lined up for Friday night.

Hubby: Probably two.

Me: Good for you. Maybe I should've fucked the person I liked three years ago then.

He only heard the words 'fucked' and 'three years ago'. And I only said it to get him to get out of the car. It worked. He got out and walked to Golden Shower Boy's (did I forget to tell You All he's back). I could still see him walking down the road when I texted him.

Me: Don't rely on GSB for a Pro. He can't get a sure thing. I've worked you out, Hubby. You can't even masturbate even though you are the only one you care about. Good luck to you. Mate.

The kids and I ate tea and went to bed. Around four thirty I woke up and went to the toilet. I went into the kitchen to have a smoke and heard a stirring in the lounge. He'd crept back in and was asleep on the couch. I went back to bed but couldn't sleep for ages.

Next morning he didn't wake me up to drive him to work; he had obviously decided to have the day off. I dropped little Son at school and went to work myself. It was an early day; I stopped into the Pub on my way home. Hubby was at the bar when I got there but he ignored me. I sat with Jeffro and his work mates. Hubby sat with GSB out in the beer garden. I left at three and picked up little Son from school. I asked him what he wanted for tea. He said that he wanted McDonald's.

Now I know that they had KFC the night before. I usually only get the kids take-out once a week. But I figured Hubby was going to be at the pub with GSB for quite a while. And then, at about half past five, Hubby turned up at home. He wanted to know what dinner was and I told him I was getting the kids McDonalds. He told me he didn't want that so on the way I stopped at the IGA and got him a t-bone and macaroni to go with veges.

He was yelling at me when I was leaving to go to trivia; I was yelling back. Something about how I own nothing in this house.

Me: Look around you, you fucking idiot. Everything that's in there is Mine.

When I got to Trivia GSB was sitting with Fido so I joined another team. We won. On the way home I dropped into Mac's to pick something up. I got home about eleven thirty. As usual.

Hubby was asleep in our bed; all the lights were off. I went into the kitchen and turned on the light; only to find the sink full of smashed plates. I stormed in and woke him up; ranting and raving. Wanting to know Why he had smashed everything in front of the kids just because he was angry at Me.

NB I found out later he had been reading my blog. He told me that I was living in a fantasy land and that the drugs were getting to me if I believe that any of That had happened.

Hubby: They aren't here anymore. DOCS took your kids away.

NB His mother works for DOCS and I knew that he was implying the kids were with her. Still; I was less than impressed that he had packed them up and sent them over there. I was like a women possessed; calling him every insult I could think. That's when he came for me.

It was over in a minute or so. He'd grabbed me by the throat and was banging my head into the wall; not hard enough to break me but hard enough for me to know he meant business. I know he could hammer me into the wall if he wanted to. That's why I don't fight back.

It ended. He wanted to go back to bed. I was telling him to get out. Yelling it. Glad now that the kids weren't there. He wasn't going to leave; this much I knew. Then I did something I've never done. I called the police on him. By the time they arrived an hour and half later he had left in a taxi for (I presumed) Twink's. I rang my Mother-in-law and asked her when the kids were coming home. I told her what had happened and was surprised by her reaction.

MIL: In his defence, Buffoon, he didn't even know when you were coming back.

That's bullshit. I was at the Trivia. Where would I have gone?

Friday morning I took little Son to his Speech therapy; then dropped him to school. I went from there over to my best mate, M's. Then I went and visited my other mate, CC. They both agreed I had done the right thing and that space and time apart was what we needed; to cool down, work out what we both want.

After I left CC's I came home for a lie down. Before I did I sent Hubby a message. It's the only way I know to get him to listen to me.

Me: I was angry and scared. I love you and don't want to lose you but I want some time and space away from you.

He rang. He told me that I'd have to get my head sorted. I told him he had to acknowledge the domestic violence. He denied it.

Hubby: My plan was to go and get shit-faced tonight. If you want I can come up and we can talk but I'm not going to listen to your bullshit.

Me: Then I think you should come have a shower and get some clothes and then go out and get shit-faced like you planned.

He came at the same time as his Mother was collecting little Son (I was working on the Election all the next day and Hubby was playing cricket). We had a brief chat in the kitchen.

Me: I want a month. I want you at Twink's for a month. I want you to go away and find out who you are; and I'm going to do the same. I want to aim for Christmas. I don't want It like This anymore.

Hubby: Sort out your head first.

Then his mother gave him a lift to the Pub. I presume he got shit-faced on Ecstasy. I went out for a few drinks with CC's sister and her friends. Hubby rang to see where I was. I pointed out again that I wanted time and space.

Hubby: I'm fucking shattered Buffoon.

Me: I know Hubby. That's why we both need this.

The next day I worked fifteen and a half hours as a Polling Official; which was only made bearable by the result- a Labour victory at long last. On my way home I tried to phone Hubby to see if he had gotten something done for me in the day that I had asked him to do. When he didn't answer I assumed he was still at the Pub or at Twink's. Then the phone rang.

Hubby: I'm at home. C dropped me here. I didn't do that thing you asked. I'm trashed. I'm going to bed.

That's not what I wanted. I wanted a month. Still; I knew better than to wake him up. I gave C a call and asked her if she wanted to meet up with me and my Sister (she's been working on Election all day too) for a drink. She was mortified when she realised that she'd driven Hubby home after learning that I'd had to call the police to make him leave in the first place.

C: I'm so fucking sorry. He said that you had worked it out.

Me: No. I said that I wanted Time and Space away from him.

When the pub shut we went up home for a few bongs. I guess we were a bit loud and woke him up. He came out and accused me of being high on amphetamines.

Me: I've been working all day and had a few beers. You're the one who's been off their head for the last two days.

He went back to bed. My Sister decided to drive home and I decided to stay at C's for the night. I wrote him a note and left. We sat up until the sun came up; she told me about her weekend; the fights between GSB and Twink and Hubby. I told her I was glad that I had missed out.

Me: Welcome to My life.

The next day C had to pick up her kids, so she dropped me home. The smashed plates were still in the sink. Hubby was back at the Pub. I had a snooze for an hour then had to leave to collect Eldest Son and take him to the closing night of the play he's been in.

I got kebabs for tea on the way home. Hubby wasn't back.

He rang.

Hubby: Can I come sleep there? I need you to take me to work tomorrow. I'll sleep on the couch.

Me: Okay; on the couch it is. I still want that time, remember?

He came home. Ate his kebab. And went straight into bed. I went into him and asked him to go on the couch. he wouldn't; but said he would vacate when little Son and I went to bed and all the lights were off.

He did.

Yesterday; he didn't wake me up to drive him to work. He lay on the lounge and watched television while I washed the dishes in my biggest boiler (the sink still full of broken plates) and spent an hour or so cleaning up around the yard and hanging out the washing. Then I messaged Bar Chick to see if she wanted to go out for lunch with me. She said yes so I left.

Around four thirty he showed up at home. In a car that he'd bought. Now he doesn't need me to get to work. It's a relief and a weird realisation all at once.

That he doesn't need me now.

I wonder if that means he no longer wants Me,too.

No comments: