Thursday, March 13, 2008

Marry-Joo-Wana...

Thanks must go out to my Mother today, for the informative article she left on my dining room table this morning. Called "Hydro". She snuck into my house while I was sleeping like she usually does(am I the only one whose Mother does this- add on the obligatory three-to-four phonecalls and you'll realise my predicament) almost Every day?? And before you ask- the answer is Yes. For all my sooking I'd still rather have the free baby-sitting on tap than move away to somewhere more Mum-less, like Siberia. Though it's Very tempting sometimes.

Anyway- the article. It was all about the negative aspects of smoking the stuff (are there any??). What a lucky thing I know where the cannabis I smoke comes from-and there's only three sources. I know the Growers. I know they leech out the chemicals before drying out the buds- I know that fly and hair-spray have never been sprayed on them to increase the weight or 'plumpness' of the bud. I was reading about this when she rang from work; and though I knew who had left it on the table I still pretended I hadn't come across it.

"You should read that article". Yeah- whatever Mum. "Marry-joo-wana is BAD for you".

"Don't You smoke it then Mum, and you'll be just fine. And thanks for caring!" I quipped- more than a little pissed off I might add. I mean for fucksakes, I'm thirty two. Surely I am allowed to pollute my body/mind/brain however I see fit!

I also know I'm not psychotic from dabbling in pot. A little paranoid sometimes, perhaps. A little down when the bowl is almost empty; a little too desperate to refill it any way that I can. But pot didn't make me any more crazier than I already was- pot saved my liver and kidneys; even if it plays havoc on my lungs.

The thing my Mother has to understand is that I Want to inhale/ingest/digest these chemicals or else I Wouldn't do it. I wouldn't gobble e's like they were going out of style either- or drop the occasional trip. Maybe my Mother could find me an informative article on my Other recreational drugs of choice?

Okay- so maybe the pot is habitual- but even I wouldn't worry about it except for the Lung Factor. Like I've said before, though, I'm practically immune to the shit now anyway.

Now all we need is cures for Pleurisy, Emphysema and Lung Cancer( not that I have lung cancer-yet) and I'd be able to choof to my heart's content...though if they could somehow come up with a Mull-Pill I know that my lungs (and my Mother) would be eternally grateful!

No comments: