Monday, March 3, 2008

Thirteen Housemates...

I've been more than a little slack at blogging lately. I think I've spent far more time recently keeping abreast with all the other blogs in my life; The Comic Mummy, Gempires, A Laugh A Minute, Venting My Anger At Random Stuff. Just to name-drop a few. (Actually...that's pretty much it.)

One reason for this total lack of blogging inspiration is that I've recently started taking the anti-depresant Lexapro. It's not so much for depression but anxiety- and since taking it I have been far less anxious about everything; from my health to my ever-precarious relationship with my Hubby. But it would seem that now I have no angst- and hence no real reason to blog- and that it's now blatantly obvious that my writing thrives on the stuff.

Angst.

Another reason is that a few nights ago I drunkenly gave my blogspot address to my cousin Gnome. This could have been a fatal error of judgement on my part- especially seeing as my Mother (Gnome's only Aunt) and her and quite close. And once Mother knows of it's existence....I don't even want to think about it.

So much for a secret blog- if my three Sister's haven't gotten word of it yet, then- quite simply put- it's a miracle.

Final reason for not blogging more frequently. Big Brother Six.

Now, I'm sorry to all of you who find Reality shows ho-hum- but personally the more the better for me. I love Survivor. I love Australian Idol. I love The Biggest Loser. I love The Amazing Race. But BB- now there is a Reality show that I reckon I could win.

I'm not flamboyant. I'm not an extrovert; quite the opposite. I don't even want to be the next big thing on Neighbours. But quite frankly I think I would give Big Brother a psychological run for his money.

Imagine being a writer and not be allowed to have a pen for three months? I had a dream about it once- trying to smuggle a pen into the compound by hiding one deep in my pony-tail; I've found a few lost pens there in the past so it's not an impossible scenario.

I wonder how I would go on Big Brother-would I (for instance)still cock my leg up on the bathroom sink while I shaved in the nude? Would I still spend a little longer than necessary soaping my breasts and nether-regions as the luxury of privacy becomes just a distant mammory? That's the real me after all. Surely I should aspire to be as natural as I am at home?

My Big Brother would want to accomodate my designer-drug addiction. He would have to give me as much to drink as I liked. Even better he would let me pick my own house-mates.

How's this for a Million Dollar Idea? A BB house where the housemates aren't strangers- but are actual friends and couples in relationships. Some have children. Some do not. Some are single. Some are not. Some have been in relationships. Some are stuck in relationships.

See Real Reality TV. Evict housemates as the Public sees fit. All drugs and alchohol are permitted. There are no limitations.

Life goes on as normal except we never have to go home.

There are no intruders unless we know them...and Golden Shower Boy ISN'T invited.

There are thirteen of Us in my closest circle of friends-Me and my Hubby(we will fuck on camera, shower naked together, and promise to argue.Guarenteed). CC and Norty(pregnant blonde Princess and Maori Warrior who co-habitate on the Outside). Miss Fancy Pants and Fudge Boy(currently seperated but he is hoping for a reconcilliation). Twinkle Toes and Hey-Jude-You'll-Do(as sung by the Beatles; sometimes lovers). Jen Jen and Razzle-Dazzle(bar-maid extraordinaire and her younger RAAFie boyfriend). Macca and Mish (Fifty-ish couple; Voices of both Madness and Reason, tellers of amazing stories). And M (the coolest hottest baddest bestest chick and mate a girl could ever ask for).

Thirteen Housemates.

1 comment:

Grump said...

Does this Lexapro allow you to drink and smoke? Or does it do your head in when you stoned? I hope the combination of your cousin knowing about your blog and the Lexapro doesn't stop you continuing with your posts. Are you back with hubby? It sounds like you are. I love the idea of your BB real life family show. I imagine you would have a lot of after 10pm content. The nude razor work would be a hit. You could make it a regular Monday night book your seat session.
Cheers Mark x