Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hurricane Disney...

Just as the alarm went off I heard my Mother talking to my Hubby in the lounge room...

What's he doing home I thought?

Last night we'd decided he'd call his boss in the morning to organise a lift to work with him- to save on petrol as we are broke until Wednesday. Well; strictly speaking I had six dollars in my purse- and that was to somehow pay for petrol, dinner for tonight and cigarettes. Of which there were none in the house.

Or pot.

Or enough food to make Hubby his customary three sandwiches.

Apparently...

Bullshit!

What about a loaf and a half of bread?

What about the hunk of corned beef; leftover- from only one night ago?

What about the tomato; or those three carrots- or that cheese I had grated into a container rather than put on last night's pasta bake? Didn't He wonder why it wasn't as cheesy as usual?

I admit the cupboards are a little barer than usual; and Hubby blames Me for going out and partying rather than spending money on the shopping...

Maybe He should have kept that ten dollars he put into the poker machine on Friday night; that would have paid for the cold meat 'good enough' he wanted for his gourmet sandwiches. Maybe if he had he might not have disputed Me spending the ten dollars when I went halves with Jen Jen in a Square. That's just half a Trip, friends. It barely even affected Me.

I was affected More when he kicked me awake early Saturday morning at Twink's place. Hubby had crashed out on the lounge earlier so I took advantage of the spare room to catch some zeds; I don't think I had been asleep half an hour before he booted me in the ribs and told me to get up because it was time to leave.

I left; leaving Twink to drive him home. I heard him arrive shortly after I did but it would have been eight o'clock before he came into our bedroom to wake Me up again...

"Your Mate's been texting". He threw my phone on the bed. It was Jen Jen. Her fella had the shits at her to for getting on it and she was planning on heading to the pub as soon as it opened.

"This early? Still sleeping" I texted back.

I got up and had a cigarette and took the Usual shit from Hubby as he went off at Me for leaving him at Twink's after he'd kicked me awake. It's my partying ways that cause Us to be so broke all the time; struggling to even feed ourselves and keep ourselves in cigarettes and petrol. It's the fifty dollars I allow myself to spend on Me each Friday night. I told him I can choose to spend my 'pocket money' how I like; just how like I don't tell him what he can and can't do with 'his'- which he freely spends on whatever he likes( and it's not cold meat). He told Me he was leaving and so I asked him When. He again told me he's been wanting to leave me for ages. That he's been planning it for some time. He told me he'd even go and live at my Mother's if he had to...

So Go And Ask Her Then I say.

I took the last fifty dollars and left him with nothing. No smokes. Not a cent. I knew the poor bastard wasn't going anywhere.

I drove to Jen Jen's and we made the decision to buy some steaks and grog for a BBQ later that night. I got two sirloins and messaged Twink to tell him to pick Hubby up after he'd finished work and bring him over to watch Collingwood smash the Swans with Everyone like we'd planned. He messaged back that if we started on each other he was leaving. I wish they knew it's almost always Him that starts on Me...

By the time hubby arrived I was very drunk; the four litre sack of crap that was all I could afford was going down less than smoothly. He'd been on the piss with Twink all afternoon long at the pub. He was nice to Me in front of our friends.

After the game Twink left and Hubby and I made up before we fell asleep together on Jen Jen's fold-out bed. It was good; sweet hard and passionate all at once. It felt like he was making up with Me. And in my drunken state I still gave him one hundred and ten percent of Myself.

Sunday; we drove home early in time for little Son to be delivered home by Grandma. Afterwards we continued being together in various carnal ways. It felt like I had the old Hubby back. It was short lived...

Monday I had to go into work early and got home late. The Disney on Ice mob have been staying at the hotel where I work and were checking out; they've had the entire hotel booked out for a week and most of the rooms were a complete pigsty (we were warned that we might still be cleaning rooms at seven that night like they had to the last three years when they've stayed; we weren't that late but it was still a six hour shift)though they did leave behind plenty of goodies which all of the housekeepers divvied up at the end of the shift.

I got a bottle and cask of wine. A can of red salmon. A loaf of bread and a carton of eggs. Tomato sauce and cooking oil. Unopened pasta and cans of chicken and corn soup. My Boss even passed me on a tiny satchel of pot that she found under one of the beds- god bless Her. I drove M home and took my loot home. It was decided to have Salmon Mornay for tea; not bad for a Monday night when we are broke. Sometimes it's toasted sandwiches or nothing...

So there really Was nothing for Hubby to make his lunch with this morning, See? That's why he couldn't go to work Today; or any Other day when he thinks he hasn't got something to take to work for lunch. He just stays home. He doesn't even bother to call them and tell them he's having a 'No Show'. He does this about once a fortnight; for various reasons- it's not always about his sandwiches. Sometimes it's just because he can't be arsed going after being out at the pub all night. It's lucky he hasn't got the sack. So instead he reduces his paycheck by about a hundred dollars; which in turn won't be a part of This weeks shopping budget either. It's a vicious circle.

Looks like it's Vegemite sandwiches for Him...

No comments: