Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hypocritical Shit...

For some reason Blogger won't let Me name this post...

For the Record it's called Hypocritical Shit.

So it's the School Holidays and I've used up all my babysitting quota; my Parents have been minding little Son for Me while I go to work and as such I don't feel like I can then ask them to mind him Again while I go out drinking at the Pub...

So I stayed in last night. For the first Friday in ages.

I dropped Hubby at the Pub straight after work; he didn't even come home first to get changed. I told him I would probably have a few glasses of wine. He said he'd get his own way home.

About seven he called and asked if I was too drunk to drive. I told him I was. He asked what was for tea. I told him that little Son and I had toasted sandwiches. Eldest Son was at a slumber party.He told Me he'd be home soon.

I vaguely recall putting little Son to bed. He sleeps in our bedroom due to the fact ours is only a two bedroom house; unfortunately he has acquired the habit of wanting either his Father or I to lay down with him while he goes to sleep. Usually it's Hubby who does this; as he goes to bed earlier than me most nights...

Anyway, I think I planned on getting back up again after little Son fell asleep, but I was pretty drunk and fell asleep Myself. When I woke up again it was twenty past four in the morning; the television was blaring in the lounge room and I hadn't turned off the heater.

Hubby wasn't home either.

Hypocritical Shit.

After all that Shit he's been giving Me about Everything.

I went back to bed until eight thirty. When I woke I checked my phone and realised he'd tried to call around one thirty. What for; if I'd still been awake I wouldn't have needed a phone call from Him to tell me the obvious. That he wasn't coming home.

I would have already guessed That...

I was sitting on the back verandah when I heard Him banging on the front door; he brushed past Me into the kitchen when I let him in and grabbed some money to pay for the Taxi that was waiting up the top for him to pay the fare. When he came back inside he fed the dog then came out to where I was sitting. He sat down opposite me and waited until I looked up at him.

Him: What've you got the shit's with?

Me: Nothing. And you're not going to either when I go out next time are you?

Him: No.

Me: Cos that'd be a little bit Hypocritical; now wouldn't it?

Him: I guess so.

Me: Good. Glad we got That sorted. Do you still want me to drive you down to the bank?

Him: Yeah. And I wanna go past the Bike Shop. Should you get some shopping?

Me: How much money are you getting out?

Him: All of it.

Me: Then we'll get Chinese.

So we went to the shops; and while Hubby went to the bank I went to IGA. I got little Son and I a butterfly cake each and then met back up with Hubby at the fruit shop where I wanted to get some mushrooms and tomatoes to go with our bacon and eggs. Then we drove past the Bike shop but it was shut. Hubby got out of the car and walked down an alley to see if he could see his motorbike while little Son and I waited in the car.

And waited...

He hops back in and tells me Twink has just rung him. Apparently it's Jase's birthday and they are all going for a few beers this afternoon. Will I drop Hubby back at Twink's he wants to know. I drive over to Twink's a little faster than I should.

He pats my arm just before he gets out of the car. I flinch. He looks at Me but I'm looking out the rear-view mirror; determined not to make eye contact.

Him: What?

Me: I'm working tomorrow remember. Just be home before that. You have to mind little Son you know.

Him: I know. What have you got the shits with?

Me: Nothing. I'll enjoy my Chinese by Myself. Seeya.

Him: I'll be home by then. I don't wanna sit around drinking all day.

Me: We'll see.

Then he scabbed one of my cigarettes and shut the door of the car.

I drove home. On the way I stopped at the Bottle Shop and got a carton of VB.

And Here I sit...

No comments: