Saturday, June 14, 2008

It Never Rains...

I currently have four vehicles registered in my name.

There's my dearly departed XIP; our family car that I washed down the drain three weeks ago during the Long Weekend Floods. Once I've heard from the assessors a payout figure I'll be able to cash in my number plates and will be reimbursed for all the un-used rego. Any day now. So They keep saying..

There's my Hubby's Katana; a piece of shit Suzuki that he's almost destroyed by trying to fix himself. He'd hate it if He knew I'd just said that but it's so true. He's taken it apart that many times now and everytime he does it only gets more worse for wear. He finally managed to get two cylinders firing so I begged him to take it to the Bike Shop before it broke down again. It's getting assessed as we speak- but what a waste of almost a full year's rego. It's been off the road since November...

Then there's the Ute which we recently bought from Hubby's work- two days before the storm. It's a 2000 model so we really got it for a bargain when you think that we only paid a thousand bucks for it. It needs a new gearbox- but what they hey? We knew that when we bought it. That's why we got it so cheap. As soon as I've found another thousand to get it fixed we'll sell it for a good profit and pay some money off the personal loan we used to buy XIP. That's the Plan. Fingers crossed...

And finally there's the Commodore I've just bought as a replacement for XIP. We haven't even paid for it yet (Jen Jen's boyfriend is selling it to me and was happy to wait until after I got paid out so that I'd still have a vehicle in the meantime) so I'm still technically having a lend until my Insurance Company coughs up. Which is why it was so totally frustrating to get side-swiped by a truck yesterday morning on the way to Hubby's work. I guess I'd be considered at fault as I was trying to merge- and it was pretty lucky that he only just clipped us or else I might not have been around to tell this tale. There's not too much damage; the driver's side mirror was smashed off, the front guard and bumper were dingled and scratched up, but the car is drivable as the tyre still freely moves. I've got no idea how much it's going to cost Me to get it fixed yet...

What do They say?

It never rains; it fucking Pours.

No comments: