Saturday, June 14, 2008

Whoreder...

Two weeks later and the sun has finally come out from behind the storm clouds.

Much has happened...

We're still waiting to hear from the Insurance company;beyond certain the car will be written off. One of the girls at work's car was written off and it hardly got the seat's splashed; let alone went through what my poor old car had to. We should hear back by Friday morning.

My Parent's back bedroom is getting recarpeted; Dad's been busy moving everything out of my old cupboards; funny how I thought I had Everything that I wanted from my childhood home. Not so. In the four bags of things Dad was ready to chuck I've found the following keepsakes...

The Muppet Show Book and Richard Scarry's Book of Going Places; which I have already bestowed upon Little Son...

Photographs from my year eleven school trip to Jindabyne; back when my good friend Goof was healthy-looking as opposed to Heroin-chic...

Books on how to care and love African Love-Birds...

Nearly all of my primary school work-books; maths spelling written expression social science...

An autographed concert program of Don McClean...

Two semesters of the Open Foundation Course notes; including all course texts...

An ancient copy of The Witches by Roald Dahl...

Three of my high-school diary's...

A photo of me kissing my first boyfriend Danny on a bean-bag...

A controversial coffee-table book from the early 80's called Dingo Lingo (all Australian's would know the relevance to the Lindy Chamberlain murder trial of her own baby Azaria- for which she was acquitted after serving three years of a life-long sentence...)

A photo of my friend Dano and I meeting Sebastian Bach from Skid Row...

Two Mad-Lib's books that my Grandmother gave me...

An unused embroidery kit (anyone know how to do 'crule'- you can have it?)...

Plus a thousand birthday cards and letters from my Scottish mate T who I've loved and adored since we were ten years old...

And my Father was going to throw them all away! I've since rescued them; brought them home. After all; if I've kept these things- some for 25 years or more- then I must want to hold onto them.

I'm such a Whoreder...

No comments: