Tuesday, December 9, 2008

5.37 PM...

Monday afternoon. After work.

I was sitting with Kasper at the Pub; admiring his stitches and discussing how the Hot Rigger had pushed into him while he was carrying a stack of glasses. Then hubby walked in with Twink and Fido. They all had a roster day. I was half way through my first beer...

Him: Nice of you to tell me you were coming to the Pub. Didn't think to ask if I might've wanted a lift?

Me: I only just got here. And remember (our conversation about It being Over)?

Him: (under his breath) Fuck you, then.

I went inside and sat with Mac's brother Jeffro. I hadn't seen him since his birthday. He used to be best mates with Jessie (the guy I went hunting Friday night) and so I quietly told him what was going on with hubby and what I'd been up to.

Me: If you see Him; you tell him for me...Buffoon's looking for him.

He said that he would.

Then I had to collect little Son and make a trip to the RTA to change over the registration papers of the new car we just bought. I asked hubby if he wanted to come now or later (we were still staying there Together at this point). And he told me After.

So I got little Son. We were in the RTA and I'd left my phone in the car. I'd only been inside for about ten minutes but when we got back to the car the phone was ringing off the hook. It also said I had three missed calls.

I rang him.

Him: What's your fucking caper? Not answering your phone?

Me: I told you I was going to the RTA.

He was yelling shit; not listening again as I tried to justify his stupid accusations. I hung up. He rang again and I listened again to his Shit before yelling back that I wouldn't be much longer and then hung up again.

I drove out to CC's to pick up the chairs we'd left there after the Spit Roast on the weekend; mainly because hubby had gone off at Me so bad for lending them in the first place- worried that we'd never get them back. Anyway; I was halfway there; so I drove over to get them. We were just getting them out of the shed when he rang again.

Him: Where the fuck are you now?

Me: CC's. I'm just picking up the chairs while I was out this way.

Him: That's not what you fucking said.

Me: You didn't give me a chance to say Anything.

Him: Fuck your Fucked.

About this point I hung up again. When he rang back again this time I gave the phone to CC to answer.

CC: It's CC, hubby.

You could hear him ranting down the phone at her; just like he does to Me.

CC: She hasn't said Anything like that. She only came to get the chairs.

He wouldn't listen to her either and so she handed the phone back to me. I listened for another minute then hung up on him again; but not before he said...

Him: Fuck you. Bring me my money and I'll stay at Twink's.

I dropped him down five hundred bucks; pretty much all of it. He told me he'd be up in a while to pack a bag.

Me: Fine. You won't be missed.

He made the 'crazy finger'; implying I was fucked in the head. As I drove away I yelled at him to remember that I was the one who had left him.

An hour later Mac drove him up to get some stuff; and in the process he happened to grab most of My 'stuff'. He doesn't even smoke the shit himself. I went after him into the bedroom and pushed my hand into his pocket.

Him: Don't fucking touch me Buffoon.

Me: Just give me back my pot Prick.

Him: Fuck off.

Mac said bye as they left. At 5.37pm I rang Centrelink and told them I wanted to change my Circumstances. Sometime during being on the phone I realised the irony of touching him for perhaps the last time Ever I was trying to get shit off him. Pretty sad, hey?

So it's sorted, Folks. I'm officially a Single Woman. At least I will be once the ink has dried. There's no divorce to sort through; being as he never once even asked me to marry him in all those years.

I guess he didn't think I was worth it.

Then I rang M. Then Wemmaly (hopefully, and things are looking good- we might move out together, me my kids and Lifelong friend); and hubby can have this place back in a few weeks). Then my Sisters. And Mother. She said in six months time I'll wonder why I didn't do It years ago.

Then Miss Fancy Pants rang; with the exciting news she's flying out to Thailand in a few days and wanting to know if I wanted to go out for a Farewell drink later in the week. I told her what was happening; and within the hour she was on doorstep with a six pack in her hand. We cooked an omelette at midnight and she slept on the lounge.

My Alibi.

I had a sleep in the next morning; then got up and took the kids to school and went to work. Pretty much the same day except without him in it. After school was over little Son and I went over to CC's so that I could Vent.

The phone rang. It was hubby.

Me: Hello

Him: I've only been gone for one day and You're already dumping your kids on your mother's doorstep and are out all night on the piss...

Me: Leave me alone will you? I was fucking Not. I don't know where you heard That from. I had little Son all night with Me and eldest Son goes there Monday nights anyway (because he has a piano lesson in the morning). For your information Miss Fancy Pants came up and slept over. Check your facts first.

I hung up; knowing full well that Me having Miss Fancy Pants over was probably driving him insane with jealousy. He needn't have worried; because whatever little Fantasy hubby has of ever being with MFP will Never happen after the little chat me and her had. I made sure of that.

This was three nights ago. And we've had no contact with each other since.

I must admit I haven't felt Much; except anger that he hasn't even bothered to contact either of the kids. Eldest Son is coping better than I am with it all; but then he's Always been my staunchest support. Little Son wants to know if Daddy is still coming to his birthday. It's not until January but I guess it's playing on his mind.

Little Son: I thought Daddy said he was going to fix this house.

I did too, Darlin'...

So did I.

No comments: