Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Go And Get Fucked...

Despite last week's kerfuffle with Twink I went to the trivia on Thursday night as usual. And when we won- this time by five points- there was no dispute over Me being the Weakest Link.

Hubby and I weren't speaking much to each other. He had the shits at Me for something small. He'd rung from work a few hours ago saying that he was staying back doing some overtime and could I pick him up late. I told him I could; although admittedly I did inwardly groan at the idea. With the Mother-in-law picking up both of the kids at three o'clock picking him up late was going to cut into my drinking and Trivia time. Anyway I said I'd pick him up late and had every intention of doing just That; then went and had a late lunch of KFC with my best mate M.

An hour later we'd finished and were just driving back towards her house when my phone rang again. It was Hubby; telling Me he'd changed his mind about doing the overtime and could I pick him up straight away. He said that as he didn't realise we didn't have the kids tonight we could both go to the trivia.

Me: Fine Good. Are you ready now?

Him: Yes. (Suspiciously) Who's that in the background?

Me: M. We've just had a late lunch. Say hi, M.

M: Hi Hubby.

I picked him up and dropped him straight at the Pub. Then I took our new car home; I've only had it for two days so I don't want to start off on the wrong foot by drinking and then driving home. At least not on the very First time I'm out on the piss.

By chance the Mother-in-law is driving My way so I scabbed a lift. I was going to walk. When I got there Hubby and Peaky were playing the Pokies. Peaky won five hundred bucks and offered to shout our table dinner. Hubby lost one hundred and fifty and had the shits.

I wasn't hungry after my late lunch so I thanked Peaky and declined his offer. Hubby wasn't impressed.

Him: You can go and get Fucked then.

Me:(implying Something else) I haven't done anything to deserve how you speak to me.

Him: Why aren't you going to have anything?

Me: Because I had a late lunch with M. She was in the car when you rang remember?

Him: Fuck off (etcetera)....

I went outside and had a cigarette. M and Jazz were eating dinner in the beer garden. I told her the story and she looked incredulous but told Me not to take it to heart too much and that he was just pissed at himself for losing on the Pokies.

I don't care. I don't deserve how that Prick speaks to me.

He left after tea in a Taxi without saying goodbye. Our Team won the trivia. I was blind. I vaguely remember Twink driving us back to his house for cones. Mac woke up and came downstairs too. And then, over the course of about an hour and because they are my best friends (of the male variety at least) I proceeded to spill my guts. I didn't even have to tell them His name. When I told them I was having text sex with someone last weekend Twink guessed who it was straight away.

Twink: Hottie. Even Hubby can see that.

Me: Has he said something?

Twink: Not really. But you do know Hubby would bash the fuck out of him if he ever found out you did anything with him?

Me: What for? For being nice to me? Don't I deserve being nice to?

Twink: And why would He leave Minnie for you? She's fucking hot!

Me: Well 'Der. Worse; she's also really nice and I'm not going to be That Bitch who hurts her. I know Hottie's not going to leave me for her. Why would he? He's Happy.

Trusting Mac is never a question. Twink, however, is also Hubby's best mate. And he's a smart arse towards Me when the two of them are together. Anyway; on it went until two o'clock. Then Twink lent me money for a cab. It took an hour to arrive. I had three hours sleep before Hubby smacked my foot awake. At a quarter past six I drove him to work. Neither of us spoke a word.

I forced Myself to stay awake when I got home; had a shower instead and got ready for work. And though I might've felt like shit I put in the hard yards; at first with J and then our new 2IC Mish. Our Maintenance Guy noticed I was in a particularly odd mood and asked Me why. And because he (MG) used to go to school with Hottie and Daz and knows who they are I told him. J, my Supervisor at work who reads this blog, listened on with interest; especially when we worked out that She had met Hottie last year at the work Christmas Party. Then we worked out that Suey knew Him, too. It really is a small World.

The advice from each varied. One says to go for it. Another says that I'll only regret it. And then there's M; who doesn't even realise the extent that I've even Considered doing it.

After work I collected Hubby. We only talked about what shit we were buying to get us through the weekend. Then we went to the Raffle. I won the first meat tray.

Hubby was putting more through the Pokies. I went outside for a smoke and stood beside Twink.

Him: You're going to be happy when you see Who's just walked in.

Me: Fuck up about it will you? I'm hardly going to exacerbate a Situation that's Not even going to happen, am I?

He kept up the jibes...

Him: Why don't you go over and sit with him and Minnie?

Me: All I've done is admitted to you that I like Somebody who seemed to like me and treated Me with a bit of respect. That's not a crime, is it? To like someone?

Then my phone rang. It was Wemmaly. It was great to catch up with her. She's decided to move back here to our Town and will be staying here at my house until she lands a job and place of her own. I'm looking forward to having her back in my Life again; it was six years too long Honey.

Sometime during our phone call Hottie and Minnie came outside for a cigarette...

Minnie: (excitedly) Hey there Buffoon!

Me: (waving) Hi Minnie. Hello Hottie.

He smiled and waved back; somehow without even a hint of recognition. I went back to my phone call and when it was over I looked around but they had gone. And that was for the best.

Hubby and Twink left early because they both had to work in the morning; but Jen Jen and I were still keen to drink so we ended up going out into Town and then I slept over at her house. The next morning I was still drunk when I began drinking again.

Saturday around lunchtime I called C from work; to see if she was still coming out with Us for the day. She was; so I met her at the Pub. Four beers later we met up with Jen Jen and went down to the Park to watch the Boys from the Cricket Club play; where we drank four Vodka Cruisers each; and then when the game was over we all (Hubby included) went back to the Pub and Really got off our heads.

About ten o'clock we left the Pub for Fido's; to drink more and to play pool and darts. Hubby and I were playing it cool; mostly ignoring each other and just having fun with our mates rather than fighting or dealing with each other.

C and Jen Jen were getting on like a house on fire but it was Twink who ended up taking her home. Hubby and I went too; he slept in the spare room where GSB was staying (until last week)and Twink got me a blanky and I slept on the couch. Hubby's last words before going to bed were Go And Get Fucked Buffoon.

Sunday morning I woke up in the same position. Hubby was cooking my meat tray on Twink's barbecue. Mac came downstairs to have his coffee. I spilled my guts.

Me: I've done Nothing to deserve his bullshit except realise that Someone out there might be nice to Me. And I'm not even talking about That Guy. But Why can't I have That, Mac?

Mac: You Should have that Buffoon. But you know that Hubby loves you, don't you?

Me: No Mac. I don't know that at all.

Mac: I've got a Half if you want it.

Me: I'd like that very fucking much.

Mac and I left for the Pub; had a beer and quickly lost money on the Pokies. My phone rang. It was Hubby.

Him: This food is cooked. What are you doing?

Me: Just having a quick beer. I'll be back in five minutes.

I was. C and Twink came downstairs and we all ate breakfast together. I told C the story of GSB and she was horrified to learn that he had smashed two beer bottles on the wall whilst aiming for my face- even more horrified that my Hubby and GSB were still 'Mates'.

I admit I wasn't being very nice in reply to the smartarse comments he kept on making...

Him: Yeah I told Fido I wanted to fuck Miss Fancy Pants. Because who wouldn't? He wasn't impressed.

Me: No wonder he split your lip open. It's not like She would fuck you anyway.

Hubby got up from the table and went over to the computer. He chose a song from the playlist. The first word of the song he chose was;

"Miss Fancy Pants" (Obviously the Girl in question's Real name)

Me: Fuck up Idiot.

Him (to C): Did you know that all my mates except GSB like Buffoon more than they do Me?

C(to Hubby): Your mad. Even I'd fuck your Missus.

Then I had to go; had to finally get back to the kids after this strangely awful yet fun occasion. I gave C a hug goodbye and left Hubby behind.

Two hours later he was home. I was still feeling smashed and little Son was watching a video. And then- for some reason- all night he tried to make advances upon me; only pissing me off further in the process.

Me: Stop trying to grope Me.

Him: You don't like Me.

Me: No. It's You who hates Me.

Monday he stopped trying...

Now it's Tuesday; and I'm Over It.

No comments: