Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On the Miss Construed Front...

Hubby is seeing a counsellor and has begun to see the error of his ways. He's very depressed and sorry for what's been happening and has asked for another chance with me; not necessarily to move in but to know if he has a chance or not.

He also wanted me to stop seeing my "friend" Damon but I told him it wasn't fair of him to ask me to do that when it's been him who has been telling me all along it's over and to move on; despite him being the abusive one. He's accepting it a bit better today but I just hope he's not going to try and railroad me into a decision that I don't want to make. I don't need the pressure and I told him I won't be making any promises.

I've been a bit sad about it all; but am looking forward to another visit from Damon soon, too. Like I told hubby; it would be a mistake for us both to go back to what we had together now. I hope we can salvage something good from it all; at least it can't get any worse than what it was.

Hope all is well in Blog-Land; what did You All get up to on the weekend? I drank four litres of wine and got a hickey!

Chat to you soon; I'm off to bed.

4 comments:

Enchantress said...

I'm glad he's taking the step to see a counselor. Even if your relationship can't be salvaged, at least you may get to a "cordial" point that is helpful to the both of you and your kids.

Grump said...

The weekend was good thanks a birthday, a Christmas party [Already] and plenty of watching the kids play basket ball.
As I said before I think it would be a bad idea to entertain any idea of getting close to hubby in the near future. You will resort to your old habits in no time at all. Encourage him in his counseling, it will help him grow. He needs to face up to the consequences of his actions, that is a hard thing to do when you haven't had to for so long.
Cheers Mark x

Elaine Denning said...

The counselling is great. I hope he keeps it up.

I think if you want to see him, then see him, but he won't change overnight (if he changes at all) so living together again right now would be a bad move. There's no rush is there? He will always be a part of your life because of the kids. It took you so long to get to this point and to make your stand and get your freedom and independence. Please don't give it away. xxx

Miss Construed... said...

Thanks All; and I won't be giving away my independance, Miss. That's a guarentee!