Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Say The Word...

I can Not be Told; I think we've already established that.

But just in case You All need reminding Why...

We were driving along after work. I had just started telling Hubby about the funeral arrangements of my Sister's dead baby for next Monday.

Hubby (interrupting): I've got a roster day on Monday. I've just got to get to the Cricket Club barbecue on Sunday afternoon.

Me: Can I just finish what I was saying about my Sister's dead baby's funeral?

Hubby: I was only saying where I had to be. It's not like there's been a death in your family or anything. Why go and cry over a foetus? It's just an abortion.

Me: I don't suppose you thought I might be going to support my Sister because I love her and she's going through something awful, did you? No. Because you're too selfish to think about anyone but You.

I dropped him off at Twink's house so that they could go to the pub. Little Son was asleep in the car so I left Hubby with him while I ran inside to quickly use the loo and look for my bag that I'd left behind after last Friday night's altercation with Golden Shower Boy. Twink was on the computer but told me where my bag was. It had my diary in it so I was keen to get it back before anyone inadvertently stumbled across it. When I was leaving GSB walked down the stairs. We ignored each other and I left. Hubby went to the Pub with them both. And I don't care what he says.

Cooked Tuscan meatballs for dinner whilst chatting to little Son. I had a few beers and cones. Why wouldn't I? I'd made sure Hubby had enough money to catch to a cab home. If he wants to drink with an arsehole that's his perogative.

This latest saga started with our dog, Chopper...

I found a tick crawling up his leg a few days ago. I told Hubby to mow the lawn and check him over. He cut the lawn; at least now I know how to get him to do it without badgering him about it. But he didn't check the dog. Otherwise he would have found it.

Now; the dog isn't dead. He didn't even get sick. But I Did find a paralysis tick on him yesterday morning. So I plucked it out with my personal tweezers. And then I took little Son to school and then I went and did the grocery shopping. Then I stopped off at the Vets.

To get the Poison.

I dosed the dog before I put the shopping away. It would have been ten thirty in the morning I suppose. The label said it was only poisonous for the next Two hours and to avoid contact with the site. So I did. Have I told you all I wanted to be a vet when I was small? I'm not stupid. And I was helping the dog by safe-guarding him against ticks. He got one last year and aside from nearly killing him it cost us about four hundred dollars. Little Son will be devastated when he eventually carks it...

But even So; I warned little Son about the poison on the dog- even though it's worn into his skin after only two hours. It's rubbed in. Gone. No chance of poisoning. But I still warn little Son about pattig Chopper behind the ears; I tell him that I've just pulled out a paralysis tick and why I'm putting on poison.

And that's what he tells his Dad.

And that's why I get into shit. I'm on the phone when he walks in. On the phone to my Sister who's just lost a baby. We're talking about the arrangements...

Hubby: Why don't you tell me when you've put poison on the dog? Why do I have to hear it from our five year old? I've patted him all over and you had three opportunities to tell me about This this afternoon and yet you haven't.

Me: I'm on the phone to Sister: say hello to Sister (he did).And Isn't it good that little Son listened when I was telling him about the tick poison? And do you know that you've only just walked in home and it's eight o'clock at night?

He berated Me for a good hour. About putting poison on things- and the responsibility that comes with that. And I tried to tell him (I also yelled a fair bit) that if it hadn't been for me then Chopper might have Still had that paralysis tick in his neck. That I did a Good thing by going to the vet; and purchasing the Advantix and then applying it.And warning little Son about it's properties.

Well; you could have fooled Me.

He didn't have a leg to stand on by the time I'd finished with him. I literally tore him to shreds. And then some. He told me I was fucked up and that the Mental Hospital would come and take me away. He told me (again; and when I was begging for it) that I didn't deserve his support when it came to Golden Shower Boy.

But That's the problem. And I've had the Epiphany.


The reason he won't back me up when it comes to GSB is that they might as well be identical twins. They think the same. Scary as that might seem.

That's the reason they Both hate me.

I was pretty fucking funny though. Last night I told little Son to get Daddy to help him with his homework...

Me: Oh; that's right. Daddy can't help. It's too hard for Daddy.

(It is; Hubby is dyslexic. And in Denail about it. Seriously. )

So Today; I've bitched and griped about Hubby to Anybody who will listen. My mate Toddy wants to punch GSB out for throwing the beer bottles at my head. If Anyone could; Toddy could. And one for Hubby for being a cunt.

All I have to do is say the word.

No comments: