Thursday, May 1, 2008

An Abridged Letter To Mother...

First- a short history lesson...

Some of my regular readers( all three of you) will know that I have two children; aged fourteen and four. The eldest is somewhat of a genius and good as gold; responsibilty is his middle name.

He saved up his pocket money for two years to buy this laptop I'm using right now; and my Mother gets angry and irritable every time I allow my little Son to use it. We have an old computer that takes up half the dining room table that she thinks I should set up instead everytime he wants to use a computer. Eldest Son has no qualms with his brother using the computer, either- for those of you who are wondering.

And little Son's careful when he uses it; he only uses Paint or goes to the Wiggles website. He's not a genius but he's far from stupid; and it's no wonder that he doesn't like going over to her house when she's become such a Nazi towards him lately. Here's the email I just sent to her after she cut short our call...

"What I was going to say before you hung up on me was that if Eldest Son's laptop is so precious that it can not be used by everybody under this roof(mine- where it's My rules that are the ones that matter)then it can be packed up and can stay at your house under your protection.

You mentioned Grandpa D and how he won't even let Eldest Son use his Precious laptop; that is typical of D; Hubby has always said that was one of the things that made his father a wanker- his incapacity to share his things. From guitars to laptops to steak. You know those people who gave their kids the fish fingers while they had Barramurrundi; yeah that was him. What a fine example for me to follow. No.

I'm sick of this argument. Littlest Son is allowed to use anything in this house-within reason and under supervision. He's never spilt anythnig on it and hasn't even caused it to crash- which if you remember correctly Eldest Son did plenty of times. Anyway it's up to you where the computer lives- but the computer is allowed to be used by everybody while it's here.

So get over it."

Okay- so I left the last bit out.

But what do you think? Was I being too harsh?

No comments: