Thursday, May 1, 2008

What A Year It Was...

2006...

Here's an overview.


1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?

I'm a creature of habit. I rarely try new things. I do pluck my bikini line now, though- something I didn't do in 2005.


2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?

I think for 2006 it was to try and cut back my drinking. In all I drank on 46 days out of the year- but this was a vast improvement on the previous year where I was drunk on every night of the year- except for one or two when I was too hungover. I compensated with other drugs, however...

As for this year- I'm trying for an orgasm a day for the entire year. Going well.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My little Sister had a baby girl on the 4th July 2006.

My best friend CC had a baby boy on October 3 2006.

Twink's "Sometime-Root" gave birth to a baby boy on Jan 4 2007.


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Old Merley, my mate from the pub who I've been friends with for 15 years, died on April 6 2006 from Lung Cancer. He was 67 and the captain of our Pool Comp team; he was a father to Julie and Kathy; who both knew nothing of his illness until a week before he died.

My Sister and I howled at his funeral.

I miss you, You old Bugger.


5. What countries did you visit?

Australia. Oh hang on, that's Home.


6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

A job.


7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 4th. It was the day Steve Urwin died. I cried every day for a week.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Personally I made a bit of a journey last year. A lot of it came about as the result of having a good close set of friends. I came out of my shell for the first time in years and decided that I liked who I was again.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Smoking too much marijuana and cigarettes. It costs a small fortune and is making me sick anyway.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Pleurisy and lung infections. I also nearly snapped my back in half when I face planted a wall while inebriated.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

I got lots of new things but my favourite is a pair second hand Levi's that I got for fifteen dollars at an Op Shop. My arse looks awesome in these jeans!


12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?


Mine. I was a paragon of goodness as always.


13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

Golden Shower Boy's. Look up some of my archives if you don't know why.


14. Where did most of your money go?

Car repayments, rent and party drugs.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to U2.


16. What song will always remind you of 2006?

Body Rockers- I like The Way You Move.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?

Happier. Same. Richer.



18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Writing.



19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Drugs.



20. How will you be spending Christmas?


My house with all the Fam.


21. Did you fall in love in 2006?

Yes; with my Hubby again.



22. How many one-night stands?

None


24. What was your favourite TV program?

Big Brother. I have to go on that show one day.


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Golden Shower Boy. Actually I've always hated him.


26. What was the best book you read?

The Lovely Bones; Alice Sebold.


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Stone Sour- especially the song Through Glass



28. What did you want and get?

A new car.



29. What did you want and not get?

A four wheel drive.


30. What was your favourite film of this year?

Bad Wives Two. Nya Nya Nya.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I was going to go to the Races but it rained so I had a party at my house instead- everyone bought their favourite dish they liked to cook and we had a feast, drank and smoked copious amounts and topped it all off with an acid and ecstasy spree.

I was 33. And should know better!


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

An orgasm a day.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

Improving yet casual.


34. What kept you sane?

Jen Jen, CC, Miss Fancy Pants, M, Twink, marijuana


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I want Mike Delfino from Desperate Housewives.

And I Still can't go past Gwen Stefani for the femme fantasy...


36. What political issue stirred you the most?

America's handling of the war in Iraq.


38. Who was the best new person you met in 2006?

My newest friend would have to be Sloane.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006?

Don't take good health for granted and appreciate what you have every day.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm not here for your entertainment; you don't really wanna mess with me tonight

Just stop and take a second; I was fine before you walked into my life

Cos you know it's over; before it began

Keep your drink just give me the money; it's just You and your hand tonight!

Pink.


And That's a wrap for 2006!

No comments: