Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Fractured Fairytale...

He messaged me yesterday morning. At twenty past five.

It woke me up.

Him: You lied about your slut shirt and your intentions on what your plans were after the pub crawl. Don't tell me you wanted to work things out. Drugs alcohol and tarting around seem more important to you than your Family.

(NB There's a bit of a story to the 'slut shirt' that he mentions. I was at work the other week talking to my boss J and Robbie the House Elf, also known as the Maintenace Guy. I made them laugh with some Quotes I'd made up. One was I'm Not A An Alcoholic. I'm a Drunk. Alcoholics Go To Meetings. The other was An Orgasm A Day Keeps Depression Away. They were funny in context to what we were talking about at the time. J and I like wearing 'drinking shits'. Funny shirts with slogans on them. I told I should get my slogans on a tshirt. She told me Kritter makes tshirts using a computer program and she told me she'd get her to make me one. To cut a long story short; she did make it for me. It Just Happened that J brought it into me at work the same week that Pubfest was on. Hubby saw it in the plastic bag and pulled it out before giving me a disapproving look. Obviously he doesn't think that having an orgasm a day is beneficial to One's mental health. Anyway I digress...)

I contemplated being snarky; I was going to write "So your Sister let you have your phone back, did she?" but thought better of it. So instead.

Me: Wrong on both counts, Your Honour.

Him: You had me believe you were going back for a BBQ after the pub crawl that was never your plan and said you wouldn't be wearing that shirt which you had especially made to go out with in after.

Me: I did go to a BBQ.

Me: And this isn't about a fucking tshirt.

(NB I Did wear the shirt; but it was underneath our Pubfest shirts, that were part of the twenty dollar ticket to Pubfest. For twenty bucks we got to ride the bus between Pubs, a tshirt and a beer cooler. They were all identical white shirts with the Pubfest Logo on it. I wore the 'slut shirt' beneath it and only took the Pubfest shirt off for a photograph. Hubby is adamant I wore it all day and won't believe otherwise.)

I went to Education Day at little Son's school after lunch; I was barely listening in assembly as I was texting hubby.

Me: So much for love it doesn't cure anything.

Him: Take some blame yourself u can't help losing your temper.

Me: I was defending Myself from being called a liar. Now I know how Tania Zaeta felt. And I can't live with someone who can't trust me x

There's been no reply...

Later; after I knew he'd be in bed...

(NB I hadn't even been drinking. Eldest Son's girlfriend came over for dinner and I drove her home; so I'd remained sober even though I had a fridge full of piss. And really wanted it.)

Me: We are both fuckups. We have to both think hard about what we want. U know I'm missing u and hope we come out the other side of this together x

There's been no response.

Saturday I'm going house hunting. You All might recall from my comments that the house is across the road from my Mothers. I'll give it a look. We had to move out of this house within the next twelve months anyway. Then he can come back to This house and I'll make a fresh start. In six months or so we'll have miraculously changed into better people and h'll start sleeping over on weekends. Eventually he'll move back in. He'll be different and we'll fall madly in love again.

Don't mind Me.

I'm just keeping the Fairytale Alive...

5 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Update; the house has been leased.

The hunt continues.

Miss Construed... said...

Leased to Someone Else.

Elaine Denning said...

Bummer.

Oh well, there are plenty more houses, eh?

I like the sound of your fairytale. I especially like the "after 6 months" bit.

I like the t shirt even more!

Grump said...

Don't let the set back of the house being leased weaken your resolve. I hope you find somewhere just as good if not better real soon.
I'll WOOF real loud when you do.
Woofing in anticipation.

Jenny Wynter said...

The t-shirts sound wicked, I could see them as bumper stickers too. You could have a whole buffoon merchandise thing happening!

Good luck with the leasing situation - and re: the previous post (i.e. re him punching you IN THE FACE!) I just want to say that I hope you can make it work and stay strong on your own for a while.

My mum was in an abusive relationship - which I very well recall - when I was young, and I'm just saying it really does affect you as a kid, big-time. I struggled for years to accept why my mum could have stayed with somebody like that. I'm not trying to say that to bestow judgement on you or anything, but just trying to say that having gone through it from the childhood POV, I think protecting your kids from that is...well, you know.

xox