Thursday, February 21, 2008

Genie In A Beer Bottle...

I just sort of felt compelled to write in here today- one of those inexplicable things; just feeling out of sorts. Why? As usual I profess not to know though of course my subconcious always does. I guess it's because I had this dream the other night and I'm thinking I have this gift of foresight or at least something I don't understand or acknowledge often enough.

The dream itself is a bit hazy. I remember I took my Son to the 'pub' where my Hubby was drinking. It's his local pub, although for the dream it has morphed into the chemist's up the road. Anyways; I was at the pub/chemist wearing this sarong-thing that left very little to the imagination and I was unhappy with my shoes so I took them off while I went to the toilet to fix up the droopy sarong that I was wearing and I started stepping on all these used syringes that were on the toilet floor. I got upset that they could've stuck me so I went out and complained to the bar-lady.

The next thing I know there are these two bitches hassling me; they looked like prostitutes but they weren't- they were just regulars at the pub who weren't impressed that I was there, especially as I was trying to get my Hubby to come home with me. One grabbed my Son by the throat and the other was hitting me so I called for my Hubby to help, saying that the other one had our Son. He didn't come and he didn't help. He said I could take care of it by myself; so I did because I didn't have that much choice in the matter. Both chicks said that I wasn't welcome there and implied(in the dream) that I wasn't the One for my Hubby, that he belonged there with them in their world. Somehow I caught my Hubby- like a Genie in a beer bottle- his spirit was in the bottle- and the girls were yelling at me asking me where he had gone. I just kept my hand on the neck of the bottle for the suction was keeping him in somehow.

Anyhow I walked to our 'house' which was this time the local baby clinic and went in to discover all these people- who just happened to be fucking everywhere- and I told them to get out and stop fucking in my house. I don't know why that happened either.

Then I was standing near the side of the road and forgot that the beer bottle had my Hubby's spirit in it and I began pouring it out. When I realised what I was doing I wanted him back in but it was too late. He told me to "Put me back in. It's safer in there" or something like that. And then I woke up.

This is all odd- especially in light of tonight's troubles which are the only reason I even remembered the silly dream at all; which didn't seem that silly at the time incidentally. After I got back from taking my Son to Scout's I was speaking to my Sister when my Hubby's mate rang and told me to come and get him from the pub as he was involved in an 'altercation'. So I flew down in the car and picked him up. He wouldn't tell me anything that had happened except to say that nobody was hurt and that some bloke had been a fuckwit and asked for it.

Well- because he wouldn't tell me why he hit the bloke(twice) I began to assume it was because he had been defending the honour of some poor girl when I Know he wouldn't do the same for me. Then I began to think it was because whoever it was knew me and had slagged me off or something; and then I began to think he was only trying to impress somebody by getting in a fight; or else he is upset by something and is lashing out. As he put it- he's not an agressive person and hasn't even been in a pub brawl since we got back together- about six years ago now. So why tonight? His excuse was that the bloke was a fuckwit but he's been around plenty of them when he's drunk and never raised a hand to them. Why was tonight any different? And why couldn't he tell me about it?

The more I think about it I must have known the person and they slagged me out; or he was defending a girl and didn't want to tell me; though he's already denied the latter. I don't even know how he got as pissed as he did- he didn't spend much money at all. Either that or he just wanted a lift home so he didn't have to ride his push-bike home.

But he Was bleeding...

No comments: