Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Sixty Four Thousand Dollar Question...

How can I fix things by myself with no help from my Hubby? Am I supposed to just take things on the chin, be a good little woman and do as I'm expected? He won't talk to me; won't read the letters I write to him; won't read a book- yet everything is supposed to be left up to me if I'm to save our relationship.

I'm the one doing the hard work here; I'm the one baring my fucking soul to a book for Chrissakes. There's no where else to go from here.

Tell me Dr Phil what happens after I've done all the work, after I work through all my problems and hang-ups. What then? Does he miraculously become caring towards me all of a sudden? Is it only me or I am being misled into believing that everything is my fault? Okay; I accept my part of the responsibility for when things are up the shit- but when does everyone else accept their responsibilities? My Hubby's not reading your book; his views won't change just because mine might. I may as well have never heard of your book for all the good it's going to do.

We can't even agree. He's a hypocrite; he's insensitive; he's ignorant; he's tactless (sorry baby but you are). Totally. And none of these character traits are going to change just because I read a book and document how I feel or how I might change. He's going to stay the same forever- never grow. As far as I can see, Dr Phil, your book is only going to be the end of Us, because I will Really start to notice all of my Hubby's shortcomings in trying to understand mine.

I'm doing as much as I can to understand Him. It's not reciprocated. I'm at a loss; I can't possibly win. He will never accept who I am- my opinions or choices. This is a farce- one that will ultimately end. I'm afraid. I don't know why I'm delaying the inevitable.

Except for the small thing that I love him so much that it physically hurts.

No comments: