Thursday, February 21, 2008

It Wouldn't Have Benn Half As Fun Without You...

Dear Sister; when we were growing up I always felt the closest to you- our love of horses and animals always brought us together. We hung out all the time. Now that the horses don't factor in our lives as much I've felt we've grown a little further apart. I've always thought that you perceived me as a weak person because I never stand up to people and you always do. You could be very intimidating at times; to all of us. We often treaded carefully around you because we didn't want to raise your wrath- which at times could be unforgiving.

Do you remember the day that we got Star? How happy that made us? Or the day poor Kyla died? We shared a lot together- from that English Bitch's quail-egg-sandwiches to fixing fences. I always admired how practical you were; how you could fix a broken bridle or rug; make a hay-net from twine and how you plaited so well. I liked being your strapper at Pony Club; we were always hopeful of ribbons even when we knew Charlie wasn't the fastest or prettiest horse. Somehow we desreved them more than the other kids; whose parents did all the work except for the actual riding. Did you hate riding that poxy bike up the hill as much as I did?

Thanks for sharing Charlie with me. While I know he was really yours I always felt like he was mine too. I'm sorry I didn't go up to see he before he died. I know you don't understand and it's hard to explain why; but after saying goodbye to Star and practically admitting failure of care to her- well. It was even harder to bear with Charlie; because he was always a good horse to ride and kind to handle. He never let us down once and we let him down badly; and it feels terrible to know that.

Anyway; thanks for being there when I needed you and for our Childhood. It wouldn't have been half as much fun without you.

Love Always.

No comments: