Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Lost Lenny...Are You Drinking...

Here's another letter; this one to my eldest Sister.

Dear Sisteak; well there isn't a great deal to write here that I haven't already told you- though I may think of a few things as I go along. You were the coolest big Sister snyone could've hoped for. I loved going to your parties when I still lived at home and just hanging out with you. It's funny; but we got even closer when you moved away, first from home and then to Canberra.

You always said that I was the most smart out of us kids- but I always thought you were (I was second of course) with your knowledge of books and politics. The only area I ever passed you on was maths and who even uses that anyway? I was always jealous of you when I was a kid; that's why I always used to 'borrow' your clothes when I went out. And I always wished that I was as popular as you were at school. You gained everyone's admiration when you graduated from university with honours; I hope Dad is as proud of me one day.

I had the best time of my life at Cairns; a lot of which had More to do with my Hubby; but you were the one who invited us to go in the first place. I'll never forget our great snorkelling adventure and when we lost Lenny. I know at the moment you are going through some pretty rough shit with your marriage; I hope you know I am always here for you. I hope you know you can talk to me about anything.

I want you to know that I regret that fight we had a few years ago at Christmas (about Pauline Hanson). For a while I really thought it had come between us.

Thanks for thinking that I'm a funny person. Are you drinking?

No comments: